Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Vick sorry for getting caught

Michael Vick issued a “heartfelt” apology to the league and fans after pleading guilty to dogfighting charges yesterday.

"I'm totally responsible, and those things just didn't have to happen. I feel like we all make mistakes. It's just I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions. And you know, those things, you know, just can't happen. Dogfighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it. I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus.”

Too bad Jesus was the Mexican he hired to bury his dogs. Is there anything more cliché than playing the God card after being caught red handed? It won’t make a lick of difference though. The Almighty stopped paying attention to pro athletes seeking redemption after Mike Tyson kept letting him down.

No comments: