Thursday, August 09, 2007

I know what book I want for Christmas

Juice was back to taunting the Goldman’s last week. When interviewed a day after the they won the rights to his canceled If I Did It book, OJ criticized the family for seeking to profit from the book after they said it promoted criminality and commercialized abuse. "I find it sort of hypocritical that they talked everybody in America to boycott the book: it was 'immoral,' it was 'blood money.' But we now see it wasn't 'blood money' if they got the money.''

Apparently the family will be changing the name of the book to Confessions of a Double Murderer. And just in case you thought OJ wasn’t completely nuts, here is an excerpt from the upcoming release:

The first few stabs were powered by my awful rage; my mind clouded over and I flew at them, feeling nothing but the power of my own hate and the intensity of the blade.

Or, er, I'd imagine that'd be what I'd probably feel. Couldn't say for sure. Never tried it. Now, if you asked me about Chex mix, I could tell you about that. I like Chex mix. Like the pretzels. But not murder. Never got around to murdering anyone. You see, this book is all hypothetical, which is when you pretend you didn't do something, not that I need to pretend, because I didn't do it.

Blood was everywhere instantly when the knife came down; I heard Nicole scream, a piercing banshee cry that would haunt me for the rest of my natural life, taunting me as I grasped desperately for sleep on the cold nights made colder by my memories of how she looked, breathed, ate, loved. I felt a tinge of remorse; or, anyways, I would have, had I stabbed her brutally, but of course I didn't. Why would I do that?

No comments: