Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pacman mans up

Throwing Smoke favorite Pacman Jones has dropped his appeal of a yearlong suspension Tuesday, pledging to repair an image that saw the Tennessee Titans cornerback's picture plastered in post offices across the country.

His decision came after a third meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell. "I understand my responsibilities to my teammates, the Titans and my fans and I am committed to turning my life around and being a positive member of the NFL," Jones said in a statement issued by newly hired agent Michael Huyghue. "Last week, I asked for an opportunity to meet privately with commissioner Goodell," Jones said. "I met with him earlier today to tell him about the steps I have taken to change my life since being suspended by the NFL. I accept the discipline that's been imposed on me and I am withdrawing my appeal."

Pacman owning up to his past and accepting his punishment? I guess Paris Hilton really is starting to have a positive influence on the world. And when they finally get around to sending Pacman to prison they should put him in a cell with her. And they could embark upon a journey of self-exploration and reflection together.

Such a meeting of the minds would have the power to solve all of the worlds problems. Either that or they'd end up having a lot of sex and terrorizing the world with their offspring.

No comments: