Friday, June 08, 2007

Upshaw is a good leader

Joe DeLamielleure, a Hall of Fame NFL guard, aired his concerns earlier in the year about how he believes NFL union head Gene Upshaw has ignored the needs of the league's former players. Reacting to the criticism, NFL union head Gene Upshaw fired back to the Philadelphia Daily News. "A guy like DeLamielleure says the things he said about me; you think I'm going to invite him to dinner? No, I'm going to break his ... damn neck."

DeLamielleure rebutted on ESPN radio on Tuesday. "My mission when I wake up every day is to figure out a way to get Upshaw fired," DeLamielleure said. "I'm not afraid of Gene Upshaw. ... He is the head of a multi-billion dollar industry. He has the wherewithal to do it." Upshaw has noted that pension payouts have increased and a plan has been enacted to help former players with dementia.

Once the players dump Upshaw they should consider the Juice as the next union boss. He’s got a lot of free time on his hands now that he’s given up his hunt for the real killers. And he wouldn’t threaten to break any players’ necks. He’d just show up to your house and slash you instead.

1 comment:

Chris said...

My math formula for the night:

Upshaw = tool