Monday, October 01, 2007

Soccer hottie speaks her mind

After not starting the semi-final match in the Women's Soccer World Cup against Brazil last week, U.S. goalie Hope Solo told us all what was on her mind after the USA's 4-0 loss:

"It was the wrong decision," said Solo. "Anybody that knows anything about the game knows that. There's no doubt in my mind I would have made those saves. The fact of the matter is it's not 2004 anymore. It's 2007 and you have to live in the present and you can't live by big names (relating to her replacement, Brianna Scurry). It doesn't matter what somebody did in the Olympics three years ago."

On Saturday, she recanted and posted this apology on her myspage page: "I have felt compelled to clear the air regarding many of my post game comments on Thursday night. I am not proud or happy the way things have come out," reads a statement attributed to Solo on her MySpace page. "In my eyes there is no justification to put down a teammate. That is not what I was doing. I only wanted to speak of my own abilities yet also recognize that the past is the past. Things were taken out of context, or analyzed differently from my true meaning of my own words," she said, according to the Web site. "For that I am sorry. I hope everybody will come to know I have a deep respect for this team and for Bri."

The controversial loss ended a 51-game undefeated streak for the U.S. with all but one of those matches coached by Greg Ryan. His move caught many by surprise and was viewed with skepticism. This controversy lead Ryan to toss Solo off the team for Sunday's third-place game against Norway. His decision, had the support of the remaining 20 players.

Solo should have taken a lesson from Hollywood. Anytime a hot woman speaks her mind, it gets her into trouble. The only time they should open their mouths is to breath and eat. Sausage.

Editor's Note: With her international soccer career on ice, we pray Hef knows her phone number.

No comments: