Thursday, September 06, 2007

Cowboy's coach juices

Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson apologized this week for any embarrassment he brought to the team and his family because of his NFL suspension for using human growth hormone. Wilson, a 48-year-old former quarterback, doesn't regret trying to "improve the quality of my life" after living with diabetes for more than 20 years. "I wasn't taking the product to enhance performance. I am way past that. I was taking it to try to improve my quality of life," he said. "At no time did I think I was doing anything illegal or against league policy." Wilson was suspended five games by the NFL on Saturday for buying and using performance-enhancing substances. He was also fined $100,000.

Wasn't improving quality of life the same excuse used by Nate Newton to explain his drug use use with the silver and blue? And who are we to judge Nate if he choses to carry around 200lbs of maryjane for personal use?

No comments: