Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bradley is a dice game

Padres left-fielder Milton Bradley tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee after being ejected by umpire Mike Winters. Bradley then hurt his knee during a bizarre scene when manager Bud Black spun him to the ground to keep him from going after the first base umpire in the eighth inning of Sunday's 7-3 loss to Colorado. Milton will miss the rest of the season.

As Bradley walked to the plate in the eighth, umpire Brian Runge asked the player if he had flipped his bat in the ump's direction after taking a called third strike to end the fifth. "I said, 'Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous,"' Bradley said. "He said, 'Well, it was reported to me by the other umpires that you threw your bat at me.' And I said, 'That's completely ridiculous. I've done a lot of things. I'm trying to turn it around. I would never harm anybody."' Bradley singled, then asked Winters if he told Runge he threw his bat. "He goes, 'Yeah, you did.' I go, 'Are you kidding me? That's completely ridiculous. If I strike out and the inning's over, why are you looking at me? Everything's always about me."' Then, a fan heckled Winters. "I pointed to the guy in the crowd, affirming it," Bradley said. Bradley said Winters responded with a string of expletives. "That's when I went at him and he kicked me out," Bradley said.

Bradley called it "the most unprofessional and most ridiculous thing I've ever seen". "It's terrible. And now, because of him, my knee's hurt," Bradley said Sunday. "If this costs me my season because of that, he needs to be reprimanded. I'm taking some action. I'm not going to stand pat and accept this, because I didn't do nothing wrong."

Most unprofessional thing he has ever seen? This is Milton freaking Bradley we are talking about here. The same guy who dumped coffee on a teammate, attacked a fan and had to attend anger managment classes for his antics. He is so crazy, he makes 10-cent beer night look like a day at a nunnery. Minus the sweet virgin ass.

No comments: