Friday, July 20, 2007

Marbury goes European

Earlier this week, Stephon Marbury told the New York Post that he plans to play in Italy, having visited the country in May with his wife. "I'm not just thinking of doing it, I'm going to do it," Marbury said, according to the Post. "My wife loved it there. It's like a [David] Beckham thing," he said, alluding to the English soccer star coming to America to play in Major League Soccer after years with top-flight European clubs Manchester United and Real Madrid.

If I was named in my boss' sex scandal, I would be trying to get out of town as fast as I can too. But Marbury needs to do some due diligence before he hauls ass to Italy. Italian sports fans are the same people who have waived Nazi flags during soccer games. Does he really think he would be accepted over there. Especially considering this brother would try to pass off his cheap sneaks as style in the fashion mecca of the world. That would be like masturbating to Arantxa Sanchez Vicario when you have Anna Kournikova's calender hanging on the wall. But what's a guy to do when he's struck with the fever? Latin fever!

No comments: