Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tyrus Thomas dunks for cash

The Chicago Bulls fined forward Tyrus Thomas $10,000 on Tuesday, one day after the rookie said he was only interested in the prize money at the NBA's slam dunk contest. Thomas was quoted in Tuesday's edition of the Chicago Tribune as saying: "I'm just going to go out there, get my check and call it a day." When asked if being around some of the game's greats could be beneficial for a rookie, he responded, "I'm just into the free money. That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there." He later apologized "for any negative feelings that may have been caused by my comments."

You figure, with Chicago home to some of the nation’s largest urban ghettos, that the Bulls would get it. Kids in the hood aren’t dreaming of being a role model when aspiring to the NBA. They are looking for the big payoff, lots of sluts, and playing sugar daddy to their posse.

This is just further proof that the NBA “ain’t understand how to deal with people that are from the ghetto.” Fining Thomas for speaking about the things that matter most to him is heartless. And by heartless, I mean like when Reggie Lewis collapsed on the court.

No comments: