Friday, February 02, 2007

No Priorities

The American racing industry reacted quickly to the death of Barbaro with the creation of the Barbaro Memorial Fund on Thursday, an initiative to raise money for research into laminitis and other equine health and safety issues. The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will lead the drive, and organize fundraisers at major races, including the Triple Crown events. In addition, the NTRA will use merchandise sales and television time to support the effort.


Does society really have that much money that we can set up a fund in the honour of a dead horse? Don’t get me wrong, I am glad he won me a hundred bucks in the Kentucky Derby, but seriously, what’s next? Will we see the “I got knocked up by an NBA player” fund? Wait, I think that exists, but it’s called Welfare.

No comments: