Monday, November 06, 2006

Legal limit also applies to professional drivers

Looks like Canadian bad-boy Paul Tracy will miss the final Champ Car race of the season due to a “self-inflicted” injury. Tracy recounted the injury he sustained to his arm, “I was at a party and had had a little too much to drink, and we thought it was a good idea to go out on a golf cart and try and jump sand dunes with it. We were wrong. It wasn't a good idea. [We] jumped a sand trap and ended up with the cart on top of me. Like I said, it sounded like a good idea at the time, but it didn't pan out that way."

Tracy has the benefit of hindsight when he says that “it wasn’t a good idea.” But the reality is that we all do stupid things we wish we could take back. Like the time I let Rae Carruth hide in the trunk of my car.

No comments: