Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hunter is now the hunted

Torii Hunter has gotten into trouble with Major League Baseball for a gift he gave the Kansas City Royals over the weekend. Torii Hunter's gift of four bottles of Dom Perignon, which he had delivered to the Royals clubhouse was meant as a reward for the Royals sweeping the Detroit Tigers last September, allowing the Twins to come from behind to win the American League Central. The gift fulfilled a promise Hunter made last fall.Rule 21-b of the rulebook states that "Any player or person connected with a Club who shall offer or give any gift or reward to a player or person connected with another Club for services rendered ... in defeating or attempting to defeat a competing Club ... shall be declared ineligible for not less than three years." The Twins got a phone call from the commissioner's office about the gift. And the Twins found themselves in an awkward position -- having to call the Royals to ask that the champagne be returned. Hunter said he wasn't aware of the rule, "I do good things. If you want to make a good thing into a bad thing, then so be it."

I can feel Hunter’s pain of having a good deeds going unappreciated. This reminds me of the time that my ex left me. Sure she brought in all the income while I did her sister, but I ALWAYS made sure dinner was ready. It wasn’t my fault that macaroni and cheese wasn’t up to this princess’s standards. P.S. Thanks for the alimony biatch!

No comments: